Μaria Faropoulou is an attorney at Law, member of the Athens Bar Association and holds an LL.M degree in International Business Law from University of London,London School of Economics and Political Science and the School of Oriental and African Studies.
She works as a lawyer since 1993, practicing mostly business, corporate, banking, debt related (recovery and restructuring), property, real estate and commercial Law in Greece and abroad. She is an Accredited Mediator, certified by the Ministry of Justice, Transparency and Human Rights in Greece and an Accredited Mediation Trainer.
Maria received training and certification by:
- Harvard Law School, Program on Negotiations
- MiKK-MEDIATION BEI INTERNATIONALEN KINDSCHAFTSKONFLIKTEN in Family and School Mediation
- JAMS International ADR CENTER in Commercial and Civil Mediation
- Mediators Beyond Borders in Advanced Mediation Skills
- Cross Border Family Mediators in “How Mediation can help implement decisions in cross – border family disputes concerning
- Union International des Avocats (UIA) in Commercial Mediation
- International Mediation Consulting, Canada, Dr. Maria Damianakis, IMI Certified Family Mediator, Mediators Beyond Borders, ABA Dispute Resolution Section, in Mediation Training and Family Mediation
She has conducted several mediations in Greece, some of a cross border nature, has co-mediated debt, banking and commercial and corporate disputes and has participated as a party’s advocate in some others.
- Designer and trainer on Banking/Debt Related Mediation Training Program
- Designer and trainer on Peer Mediation Program
- Judge at the International Commercial Mediation Competition, ICC Paris
- Judge at the Athens InADR Mediation Tournament
- Coach in Family Mediation workshops
She is founder of “Business Mediation Network” and “Family Mediation Centre” and also founder and partner of “the Mediation Lab”, a private organization. In 2017, she acted as a regular member of the State Committee on the Reform of the
Mediation Act in Greece.
- International Bar Association (ΙΒΑ) ICC Hellas
- “Organization for the Promotion of Alternative Dispute Resolution Methods” (OPEMED)
- Mediators Beyond Borders (IMMB)
- “Athens Mediation and Arbitration Organization” (EODID)
She speaks English and French.